[Plone-NGOs] plone conference 2007 & plone intranet

Nynke Kruiderink NKruiderink at iicd.org
Thu Jan 18 09:24:10 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I've been catching up on reading the emails to this list, there is some
great stuff here, thank you all!

The upgrade of our website to version 2.5 is still going according to
schedule. We should launch sometime in March, I'll keep you updated.

But at the same time we have just started to develop a plan to have our
intranet and internal information management system be managed by plone!
Quite exciting! Management wants the first phase up and running as
quickly as possible. It's quite a task, but from that point on it would
be interesting to see if there are more organisations out there with the
same plans, and indeed as Ben suggested, see if we can piggy-back on
each others work and share some costs. Or at least we can share the
experiences. :> Ben, any tips/suggestions based on your experience with
your intranet/extranet project?

I haven't been able to find any references to the Plone 2007
conference... has it been decided yet where it will be hosted?

I will really try to make it to the nonprofit software summit, but
flying to San Fran from Amsterdam may be a bit too expensive. Maybe next
year it can be hosted on the east coast? A bit easier for us Europeans
to join. :>

By for now,

Nynke

Ms. Nynke Kruiderink
Officer Knowledge Sharing
International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)
P.O. box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, The Netherlands
Visitors: Raamweg 5, 2596 HL The Hague
Phone 00-31-(0)70-311 73 11  Fax 00-31-(0)70-311 73 22
NKruiderink at iicd.org <mailto:NKruiderink at iicd.org>

www.iicd.org <http://www.iicd.org/>

www.iconnect-online.org <http://www.iconnect-online.org/>
www.dgroups.org <http://www.dgroups.org/>