[Plone-NGOs] Re: Plone Costs for Non-Profits

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Jan 9 23:03:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:43:16 -0800, Ben Rudder
<b.rudder at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> I just had a look at the case studies area on plone.net, and there only
> seem to be two -- perhaps I did something stupid -- and these are just a
> couple of sentences. If I'm right about this, one wonders whether that
> area in its current state is doing the Plone reputation any good until a
> few more are put together.

We have focused on the Providers and Sites Running Plone so far, the Case
Studies and In the Media are next.

> I'm guessing, but I remember from all the stuff I've done in the
> commercial world that clients were always reluctant to give permission
> for case studies, and when they occasionally did agree, the studies were
> completely sanitised: "We were brilliant, our clients are brilliant and
> everything on our ground-breaking (but secret) project went without a
> hitch". You know the sort of thing.

Yup, that's indeed a problem. The goal of the case studies on plone.net is
more about showing people that significant projects have been deployed on
Plone, not the dirty details of how it was done.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net