[Plone-NGOs] Multiplone

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Sun Apr 8 13:46:23 UTC 2007

Peter Hollands wrote:

> Edith,
>
> Stay on Mainstream standard Plone unless you have overwhelming reasons to
> want to "put all your eggs in one basket".
>
> You have options to enable closer integration of the sites by:
>
> o Arranging to have one central point of authentication (LDAP)
>       [Oxfam have done very interesting work on this ]
> o Arranging to have cross site search (possibly using Google Search boxes)
>        [Oxfam know most of the issues with that as they have used Google]
> o Use RDF / RSS feeds to provide integration of new news articles both
>       within SOMA and ALL of your Partners. [standard facilities in Plone
> ]
> o Using a common brand / style and cascading style sheets.

I think Peter's advice is very sound.  I don't know much about your exact
situation, but you should explore the simpler options to achieve sufficient
"integration" between your sites first.  You may also wish to consider
revisiting your information architecture -- maybe you don't really need 5
sites.  Any streamlining you can do up front may wind up saving you a lot of
work.

best,
jon