[NGO] Re: Organisation Diagrams (organograms) on Intranets

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Thu Sep 28 00:26:00 UTC 2006

> I'm not sure that it is either. We export LDAP, using a Zope/Plone
> application as the master database. I've just put together some
> hastily
> done screenshots and explanations here:
>
> http://sustainablesoftware.com.au/projects/activate/tour1
>
> That might clarify what we are doing.
>
> There is another similar application we have done that is a membership
> database, with membership application workflows, mail merges, etc.
> Since
> someone else was asking about that kind of thing, I will try to put up
> some information and screenshots for that tomorrow.

I'd love to see it.

> Eventually there will be aone open source product that will combine
> the
> best aspects of these two applications.

Sam - this looks *very* interesting. When do you expect to release
this as an open source product?

Are you familiar with this Plone product, b-org?
http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/borg/trunk/README.txt

Martin (optilude) Aspeli will be giving a talk about it at the
upcoming Plone conference.

Nate