[NGO] ldap vs generic plone authentication

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Wed Sep 27 16:47:48 UTC 2006

Hi Sisi,

We are building a Plone-based intranet solution for a customer, and
one of the requirements was LDAP authentication. They are hosting
both the LDAP server and Plone server on the same LAN, and we have
not experienced any significant latency issues with this setup.

However, when we test the login using a local development machine
which is connecting to their remote LDAP server over a VPN, the login
procedure is noticeably slower. I think that once you are
authenticated, then the site responds at favorable speeds. Rocky -
can you confirm this?

Nate