[NGO] Online sponsorship

Russ Ferriday russf at topia.com
Mon Oct 2 12:51:41 UTC 2006

Hi Said,

I developed a sponsorship product over a year ago for http://
a4nr.org. Since upgrading to Plone 2.5 I have temporarily removed it,
so you can't see it at the moment.

It's ArchegenXML sourced, has a portlet soliciting suggestions for
prospective supporters, then a workflow to migrate those prospects to
supporters. The templates show a list of supporters, and individuals,
with space for quotes, and background. (The idea is that one sponsor
can attract others, by explaining their rationale and passion for
supporting.)  There is a portlet that shows a weighted random
selection of supporters based on supporters level. Currently  levels
are colours, but this is an easy change. There is use of
ATVocabularyManager for such details:

     vocabs['supporterCategories'] = (
         ('ind', u'Individual'),
         ('cor', u'Corporation'),
         ('non', u'Non-Profit'),
         ('ang', u'Other Anti-Nuke Group'),
         ('pol', u'Individual Politician'),
         ('cit', u'City body'),
         ('sta', u'State body'),
     )

     vocabs['supporterLevels'] = (
         ('ind', u'Individual'),
         ('bro', u'Bronze'),
         ('sil', u'Silver'),
         ('ver', u'Vermeil'),
         ('gol', u'Gold'),
         ('pla', u'Platinum'),
     )

     vocabs['supporterLevelColors'] = (
         ('ind', u'#777777'),
         ('bro', u'#9C6963'),
         ('sil', u'#D6D6D6'),
         ('ver', u'#FF00FF'),
         ('gol', u'#FFCC00'),
         ('pla', u'#EEEEEE'),
     )

It's time to revisit this product when I have a moment, so let me
know if it's useful to you. When it's cleaned up (couple of workflow
issues), I'll offer it to the collective.

--r

On 2 Oct 2006, at 13:28, Dajani, Said wrote:

> Hi
>
> Did anyone see the Channel 4 (UK) news piece on online fundraising
> in general and justgiving in particular.
>
> http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-
> storypage.jsp?id=3445
>
> Clearly for the charity sector - sponsorship is something we do -
> and a significant portion of it is now moving online.
>
> The last charity I worked for developed their own in-house php
> based system and we added an online registration module to it but
> the majority of UK based charities use justgiving.
>
> Whilst I don't think justgiving are a particularly bad example of
> an online charity supplier (I can think of a lot worse!)
> sponsorship is probably
> the largest online income stream for most charities.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has developed/is working on a plone
> online sponsorship/registration add on product.
>
> Said Dajani
> Website Manager
>
> Alzheimer's Society
> Gordon House, 10 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1PH
>
> T: 020 7306 0881(Direct Dial) F: 020 7306 0808
> E: said.dajani at alzheimers.org.uk
> http://www.alzheimers.org.uk

Russ Ferriday - Topia Systems - multilingual content management
contact: russf at topia.com - (+44) (0)2076 1777588 - skype: ferriday
a member of the
evenios group