[NGO] Online sponsorship

Dajani, Said Said.Dajani at alzheimers.org.uk
Mon Oct 2 12:28:29 UTC 2006

Hi

Did anyone see the Channel 4 (UK) news piece on online fundraising in general and justgiving in particular.

http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=3445

Clearly for the charity sector - sponsorship is something we do - and a significant portion of it is now moving online.

The last charity I worked for developed their own in-house php based system and we added an online registration module to it but the majority of UK based charities use justgiving.

Whilst I don't think justgiving are a particularly bad example of an online charity supplier (I can think of a lot worse!) sponsorship is probably
the largest online income stream for most charities.

I was wondering if anyone has developed/is working on a plone online sponsorship/registration add on product.

Said Dajani
Website Manager

Alzheimer's Society
Gordon House, 10 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1PH

T: 020 7306 0881(Direct Dial) F: 020 7306 0808
E: said.dajani at alzheimers.org.uk
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk