[NGO] Re: plone vs drupal at Greenpeace UK

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Mon Jun 26 21:58:05 UTC 2006

FWIW, I did email Plone-users about this back in April, with a link to
their requirements, urging UK Plone-folk to get in touch with Rob:
http://www.nabble.com/Greenpeace-UK-is-looking-for-some-help-evaluating-
Plone-t1497308.html#a4058277

I am not sure what results it might have had.

For the record, CivicActions invested its time not in a bid, but in
presenting the Drupal platform itself.  I suspect (and hope) that Zest
did the same.  Now that the platform choice is made, GP will be
soliticing bids from several Drupal shops.  I am sure that CivicActions
will be among them.

All in all, I take this as a lesson that the Plone community needs to do
a better job of making Plone's power more discoverable and easier to
compare against solutions that have a lot of mindshare, be they Drupal,
Documentum or what have you.

best,
jon