[NGO] SignupSheet product

Aaron VanDerlip aaron at netcorps.org
Mon Jun 26 20:28:16 UTC 2006

To all,
I have been working on a sign-up tool for a client which might be useful
to others in NGO space and the larger community.  It is basic at this
point, although it is quite close to meeting the original clients base
set of requirements.  I have checked this into the collective
https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/SignupSheet/

It requires ATSchemaEditorNG in order to work.
Below is an excerpt from the README that explains it a bit more

  SignupSheet is an add-on product that allows site managers to create
custom registration forms for events, workshops,
  fundraisers and other events that require online registration.  Each
SignupSheet defines the fields that are used for
  each Registrant object they contain, through the ATSchemaEditorNG
product.  The Registrant object is what the end
   user fills out and submits.  The workflow places each submitted
Registrant in a private state once it is submitted so
 that  it can be reviewed and approved.

  The SignupSheet has these additional features:
  o Registrant fields can be exported to CSV
  o A waiting list and event size can be set, end users are emailed a
message stating whether they are pending approval
    or on the waiting list.
  o The signup sheet view indicates whether the SignupSheet is 'full',
'open' or whether user will be put on a
    waiting list. This is calculated using the event size and waiting
list settings.
  o End user is directed to a customizable thank you page.

  The key motivation behind this product is to provides a way for site
managers to setup registration forms that do more
  than email the fields to an address.  Having the fields be
configurable is essential, since many groups have specific
  requirements for the data they are collecting for their events.

I would be very interested in feedback and especially any code
improvments :).

Credit to Martin Aspeli, without the example code in Poi, the workflow
portions would have been very difficult to write.

--
Aaron VanDerlip
Programmer

NetCorps