[NGO] Save The Date: Plone Conference 2006 - October 25-27 - Seattle, WA

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Fri Jun 23 00:29:22 UTC 2006

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Howdy y'all --

Plone Conference 2006 will be held October 25-27, 2006 at the Seattle
Center Northwest Rooms in Seattle, Washington USA!

ONE/Northwest, in collaboration with the Seattle and Portland Plone
communities, is proud to be your host organization this year, and we're
excited to welcome you all to our beautiful city on the shores of Puget
Sound.

We are still in the process of putting together all of the details, and
will be publishing a lot more information here soon.  We are committed
to making this the most open, transparent, community-organized Plone
Conference ever, and we're going to need lots of help from you to do it!

What you can expect

*	Three full days of talks, tutorials and workshops for Plone
developers, folks implementing Plone in their organizations and people
who are new to the Plone community.  We will feature both technical and
non-technical talks covering the past, present and future of Plone and
its vibrant community.

*	A beautiful venue in a large park in the heart of Seattle, steps
from lodging, food and entertainment.

*	Reliable wireless access. ;-)
*	Registration will open in early July.  Early bird registration
for all three days will be $250.  After August 25th, registration will
be $300.
*	There will likely be one or more 1-2 day training events before
the Plone Conference, and a 2-day Sprint after the conference.  Details
TBA.

All of this information -- and more can be found on the just-launched
official Plone Conference 2006 page at
http://plone.org/events/conferences/seattle-2006

Stay tuned for updates over the next few weeks as we put out:

*	The draft agenda and a call for presentations
*	Interesting information from our pre-planning Plone Conference
Survey
*	Registration information
*	Sponsorship information
*	Exciting surprises yet to be revealed!

What You Should Do Now

*	Mark your calendar.
*	Think about talks you'd like to give -- or attend!
*	Get excited!

Questions?

Jon Stahl, ONE/Northwest Program Manager, will be your cruise director
for Plone Conference 2006.

Email: jon <at> onenw.org  Skype: jonstahl  IRC: jonstahl  Phone: +1
206.286.1235x15

Andrew Burkhalter, ONE/Northwest Plone Developer, will be leading the
Program Team for Plone Conference 2006.

Email: andrewb <at> onenw.org  Skype: andrewburkhalter  IRC:
andrewburkhalter  Phone: +1 206.286.1235x20

Jon Stahl, Program Manager
ONE/Northwest - Online Networking for the Environment
jon at onenw.org <mailto:jon at onenw.org>   http://www.onenw.org
<http://www.onenw.org/>
206.286.1235x15  skype: jonstahl  y!: jondstahl

Want a piece of my mind? Check out my blog at:
http://blogs.onenw.org/jon