[NGO] Database Backed Forms - forked from: What NGOs need in a website [checklist]

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Jun 2 09:27:39 UTC 2006

I'm just thinking ... PloneFormMailer is just (CMF?)Formulator + some Plone
UI + a mail handling script, right?

Perhaps we could use the same infrastructure or generalise it out so that
the "mailer" part was plugged in with the PloneFormMailer product but all
the form-building happened either with plain CMFFormulator or some higher
level Plone wrapper (if that's really needed?)? It seems silly if a form
mailer instance has a bunch of options about sending email that's then
essentially irrelevant when you've customised it to save data instead.

It may also be interesting to build some custom storage; for example, the
FormSaver could be an object that saved all the responses in a BTree or so,
allowed some XML and CSV export, and had a browser for responses.

More daydreaming I know, but it'd be damned useful.

Martin