[NGO] Database Backed Forms - forked from: What NGOs need in a website [checklist]

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Jun 1 21:23:03 UTC 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> I can publish it, but I wonder ... does this not intercept *all* forms,
> not just the course2005 you had in your example?
>
> Actually, I think modularising PloneFormMailer a bit to allow people to
> plug in different backends would be a really worthwhile project. No idea
> how hard it is, but since it needs to collect all the data in one place
> to send the mail anyway, I don't see how it could be that bad.

A good refactoring of the code. I would try it with some of the zope3
goodness that's used in plone 2.5. Using the zope3 stuff will probably
allow us to clean out a lot of hairy code.

For instance, ploneformmailer could fire off a zope3 event "I've got a
new form" which could then be intercepted by whatever backend you'd
want. Partially daydreaming here :-)

Reinout

Reinout van Rees                            r.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
http://vanrees.org/weblog/                     http://zestsoftware.nl/
The most absolute lie is the presentation of an irrefutable fact based
on unassailable numbers -- L.E. Modesitt jr., Gravity dreams