[NGO] Re: what NGOs need in a website

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:23:21 UTC 2006

> George,
> could you explain the feature set of  * Social network abilities (myspace
> lite);

I'm not totally sure yet because I've been thinking myself how this works.
But things along the lines of:

* Being able to identify personal interests (either categorized in a more
central taxonomy or more freeform) and find + contact other people with
those interests
* Forming online groups possibly w/ lightweight discussion boards, events,
etc.

I'm not sure if civiccspacelabs, Democracy in Action, etc. do these but
basically ways to help people form grassroots connection -- the network
building / organizing NGO's would really benefit from this I think.

And to add support to a previously mentioned item -- a newsletter that could
send out information about events, announcements, etc. would be *huge*

Peace,
George