[NGO] Re: FW: Day of Trainings added to AdvocacyDev III

Anna anna at sagaponic.net
Mon Jul 31 05:18:06 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I'm not sure if I actually introduced myself on this list after all. I'm
Anna Helme from EngageMedia in Melbourne Australia. We're developing
multimedia products for Plone and specifically our Plone site for
distribution of social justice and environmental video from Australia,
the Pacific and South-East Asia. We're in development, and looking to
release a beta soon.

http://www.engagemedia.org is our live site, not open to video
publishing at this stage, and with limited functionality.

I'm at Advocacy Dev, where Rob Miller and I are both "speed-geeking"  -
where we'll demo our Plone sites in 4 minutes to the rest of the group,
on a rotational basis. So people will get a feel for Plone here. Already
the method for choosing a CMS for your advocacy-based non-profit has
turned up in conversation, hopefully we'll be able to contribute to that
discussion.

Also the idea of a caged death-match between Drupal and Plone (and
Joomla and RoR) at Advocacy Dev and other meetings has been suggested!!
I'll nominate Rob for that :) I can lend him my recently-acquired
Mexican wrestling mask, that can be my contribution.

There is a wiki up here, it will fill out over the next few days of the
conference:

http://advocacydev.aspirationtech.org/index.php/Main_Page

I'll report back to this list when I get the chance, probably when I get
back to Australia in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Anna