[NGO] FW: forum software

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Mon Jul 31 17:21:41 UTC 2006

Lots of NGOs need (or think they need) forum software.

Natively in Plone, Ploneboard (http://plone.org/products/ploneboard) is
the obvious choice for simple, basic forums.

But if you need more power, SimpleMachines Forum is likely a good way to
go.

I believe that Alan and the crew at Enfold did some integration work
between Plone & SMF -- but I don't think there was ever much released.
I recall Alan describing this work at NOLA 06 as "really simple" --
pretty much a matter of getting SMF to accept Plone's cookies as
authentication.  Don't see anything in the Enfold public SVN, but if
people are interested in this, perhaps we can get Alan to share more
detail. ;-)

best,
jon