[NGO] Re: NGO Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Jul 12 19:47:14 UTC 2006

David Geilhufe wrote:

> One note about "service" integration... CiviCRM will provide a stable
> service-- probably SOAP-- when there is a demand for it... right now
> Plone would be the first demand for it.

This might be waaay too technical for this list, but I'll mention it
anyhow: any explicit reason to use SOAP instead of "REST" (http+xml)?
REST tends to be simpler and - at least that was my impression - if you
give developers the choice between a REST and a SOAP api, 80% will
choose REST (this happened with, I believe, the amazon and ebay interfaces).

Anyway, probably totally irrelevant to this list as such ;-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                       r.van.rees @ zestsoftware.nl
http://vanrees.org/weblog/                  http://zestsoftware.nl/