[Gsoc-students] STUDENTS: Act NOW if you want to participate in Google Summer of Code and get money from Google

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Mar 30 15:36:27 UTC 2008

Students:

The deadline for student applications to Google's Summer of Code is
MARCH 31st. That's about 24 hours from now.

So far, we've had only a tenth (!) of the number of applications we had
last year, which is disappointing to say the least. If you're a student,
though, this means that your application is quite likely to be accepted
if it's any good. :)

Please see http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html for
details about the program and how to submit an entry.

Please see
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-summer-of-code-2008/project-ideas
for ideas about submissions we'd like to see. Other ideas are welcome as
well, of course.

When writing a submission, all you have to do is to prove that you have
the determination to complete the task you set out to achieve. Prior
experience is helpful as well, but you are not expected to be an expert.
Personal learning is definitely a part of this.

For more details about Plone's participation in GSoC, see
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-summer-of-code-2008/project-home.

Martin