[Gsoc-students] Possible projects

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 20:57:06 UTC 2007

On 3/24/07, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> I'd just like to note that some of these proposals may be more
> controversial than others.

Right, ask here first. I should have said that.

>   - AT schemas do sometimes get persisted, but it's mostly by ZODB
> accident. It can be a bit painful because the schema gets out of sync
> with the filesystem based version.

Right. What you want are specific persistent-only schemas, that are
not out of sync, because there is nothing to be out of sync with. :-)
A typical example is if you want to add fields to the Event type.
Today you need to make a new python class and use that, and migrate
all your existing events to that class and yada yada.

I actually don't know how much work this is.

>   - Incremental search looks interesting, though I don't know enough
> about it to comment.

It's potentially big too, I think. If somebody is interested, it's
probably a good idea to discuss it with Dieter Maurer, he should know
how big of a project it is.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64