[Gsoc-students] proposal on Haystack support

Joscha Krutzki joka at jokasis.de
Fri Mar 23 19:19:42 UTC 2007

Thank you all for the quick response!

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.kss.devel/48>2007/3/23,
Justizin <justizin at siggraph.org
>:
>
> Joscha - I want to echo many of the things Martin said below

Could someone give me a working link where to find the Haystack library by
Ben Saller?

Besides I'll write a more well-written application proposal against
Json/Exhibit support for Plone 3.5. for my google dashboard.

Exhibit is a javascript library  that takes collective data from a  Json
file (with Exhibit data model) and makes fancy stuff like filtering,
sorting, timelines or google maps views. Exhibit (
http://simile.mit.edu/exhibit/) is a subproject of haystack semantic desktop
( http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/) ...
I would like to reuse the jsonserver Zope3 product to generate a Exhibit
Json view of objects
and to make a plone view with Exhibit filtering for objects...

I wrote to Balazs (KSS and jsonserver)
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.kss.devel/48.<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.kss.devel/48>
At the moment KSS has no json support and he will have a look at Exhibit
next week.

Anyway, I think the main thing for my proposal is to get a json view with
the Exhibit data model in plone working. The data model is just a subset of
rdf.  So there is an overlap with getting rdf support for Plone (represent
objects in RDF, RDF import/ export..).
In this matter I wrote an email to  Michel Pelletier (#103 plone proposal) and
Stefan Kroeger (Plone Ontology product and  Relations product).

and also:

  (a) to offer to follow up on some detail if you can throw me links
> and converse a bit

Great. On this mailing list or privat?

  (b) i'm not sure this was haystack related at all but it's freaking
> cool.  have you looked at xslt?  it's hard for me to tell if this is
> much different from that paradigm, but even if so, Plone should
> support the paradigm sufficiently for both implementations in order to
> gain supreme interoperability.

I don't know if I get the point, can you give me a link?
Exhibit includes a couple of client side data imports/exports
(rdf,xml,tsv,..), but the best thing is to have already a json file. On the
server side there is going to be XML export/import (GSXML, #112 proposal)
for objects in Plone. I would like to see something like an export button
for any objects. But it would be better to have different export formats,
for example with a custom xslt stylsheet. This could be used to generate a
json file, but would be a proposal for its own. Do you mean this?

Cheers Joscha

--
Joscha Krutzki
Adalbertstr. 73