[Gsoc-students] multimedia and large file handling

Nate Aune natea at jazkarta.com
Thu Mar 22 00:26:20 UTC 2007

On the Plone SoC-2007 announcement page, Limi cited "Improved handling of
large files (BLOBs) and rich media (videos, audio)" as one of the major
focus areas.

On behalf of Rocky Burt and myself, we would like to extend an invitation to
a qualified student to be a SoC mentee in the area of multimedia support for
Plone.

We have been working on the Plone4Artists (http://plone4artists.org) suite
of products (previously known as PloneMultimedia), and have an
implementation using Zope 3/Five which demonstrates how to easily add
multimedia (audio, video) capabilities to any Plone site.

Please let me know if you are interested in working on improving the
multimedia capabilities of Plone, and I can direct you to more information.

thanks,
Nate

Nate Aune - natea at jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com
Plone solutions, consulting and development