[Gsoc-students] Re: Google Summer of Code 2007 Needs Mentors!

Timo Stollenwerk timo at zmag.de
Tue Mar 20 09:29:44 UTC 2007

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Limi schrieb:
>> I'm currently undecided if I should apply for scribus, plone or both in
>> the GSoC program (I don't know if it is possible to propose the same
>> idea to two different mentor organisations).
>
> I believe it is possible, parts of what makes SoC interesting is to get
> cross-pollination between the projects (OpenOffice is another candidate
> here).
>
>> Right now it seems to me
>> that the cms component is the main part of the work, and if the scribus
>> community agrees to use plone, this part would be definitely the most
>> fun for me. :)
>
> Ask them! :)

I asked the Scibus folks what they think about it and they like the idea
of working together. They suggested that if someone in the plone
community is interested in mentoring me, that he or she should add him
or herself to the Scribus team's mentors in the gsoc interface.

>> It would be great if someone in the plone community would be interested
>> in a cooperation on this issue and act as mentor for me in the cms part.
>
> I'm sure we'll be able to get some support on the mentor side for you if
> you have a good proposal and we have enough allotted positions. :)

The draft for my GSoC application can be found here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_for_the_GSoC_Application_Abstract_%28Timo_Stollenwerk%29

A more detailed description and the current status of the discussion
with the scribus community can be found here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_of_end-to-end_publishing_solution#Use_Case_.233_Publishing_Workflow_for_Magazine_Layout_.28Timo_Stollenwerk.29

If someone is interested in discussing my proposal, please let me know.
I'm also available for discussion in the #plone irc channel (timo_)

timo

ps: I'm thinking about another application for GSoC with the Plone
Foundation as mentor organisation. Is there a list which proposals are
still vacant?