[Framework-Team] FWT next meeting

Alessandro Pisa alessandro.pisa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:23:57 UTC 2020

Timo (and all) sorry if the invitation was not sent out, but I didn't
even see it coming that I was going to organize a FWT meeting.
We are trying to organize the FWT meeting in a more standard way.
Unluckily I did not see a lot of replies to my (pretty numerous)
emails on this mailing list and I (wrongly) assumed people were busy
with something else.

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 17:06, Timo Stollenwerk <tisto at plone.org> wrote:

> Regarding the "proposal to decrease the amount of bureaucracy needed for each PLIP". This is a pretty fundamental change in the mission of the FWT. Even if that's just a proposal. I wouldn't include this in the meeting notes TBH and discuss this in a meeting, when more than three members attend (and with proper invitations send out).

No problem,I am fine with not publishing that part.

To give you some context, the goal was to not block PRs like the ones
reviewed in https://gist.github.com/ale-rt/c02281561d55564af6794e5cbf6fe513.
They are pending since month, they have a proper review and we are not
able to complete the process.
Those PRs are really small and unluckily nobody replied to my mails
and no FWT meeting happened since a lot of time.

I personally feel ashamed to block Maurits for such a small thing,
while huge changes (e.g. the Zope 5 adoption) happen in a way which is
exactly the one described in the proposal.

> When a simple vote from two contributors is sufficient, we can just close the FWT (which is a valid option if that is what we want).

This sentence is a fallacy which I don't even want to start to comment by mail.
Let's clarify this in the next FWT meeting :)

Ciao and see you in two weeks!
--
@ale_pisa - http://ale-rt.github.io - http://alepisa.blogspot.com -
https://it.linkedin.com/in/apisa