[Framework-Team] FWT next meeting

Maik, Derstappen md at derico.de
Tue Sep 29 15:20:00 UTC 2020

Timo is right, we can leave this out of the protocol, until we know
exactly what we want.
There is no intention to remove the FWT, PLIP's are still to be approved
by the FWT.
The idea was, that instead of slowing things down with the final
approval we could also make sure nothing stupid will be merged by having
multiple (for example 3) core contributors having it reviewed and
approved, before it should be merged.
The best would be to have this rule in place, build-in into github, so
it's visible for every contributor.
Alessandro mentioned that it should not be enforced, because we have
smaller changes like typos, where it does not make sense to have 3
people make a review. But I'm open for ideas there. If it's a simple
change, the review is simple to, so it's probably easy to get 3 reviews
for a simple change too.

With a rule like this in place and better integrated we could reduce the
PR's merged without proper reviews and still get PR's merged faster than
as we do it now.

let's think about it and discuss it here, so that we have an opinion
until the next meeting and can make a good decision.

cheers, Maik

Tel: +49 178 861 2 833 - +49 341 126 951 71 - E-Mail: md at derico.de - Web: http://derico.de