[Framework-Team] [Plone-installers] [Board] Roadmap and Release schedule for Plone 5.2 and 6.0

Gil Forcada Codinachs gil.gnome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 21:49:49 UTC 2019

When this rc1 is out, if we want to make more people test it, it might be a
good idea to state clearly, in bold, uppercase and whatnot, that it is
indeed rc, so no breaking features, no PLIP, etc will be added later. We
have a good track of doing so, which also might have helped on creating
this scenario.

>From a community/marketing/board point of view, it might be a good idea to
promote this final stage testing by making a sort of sane competition, on
who reports/fixes more issues etc and win some dummy prizes to be awarded
at the Conference in Ferrara to help push the final release, or if a
company is heavily involved, to get a spotlight somewhere/reduce fees etc
etc.

Which, also retrofitting, if we want the community to get more involved, we
should involve them from the very beginning not as an after though when all
decisions are made. One thing is doing marketing and for that you need some
strategy, ideas and a focused group of people to do the job, but if we want
to get the community involved in testing and ensuring that we can get 5.2
is out, we have to be open and vocal on that.

At least, by doing so, if we are open from the very beginning, we can at
least point to all the community.plone.org messages and call for actions,
that no one should complain about the final 5.2 status because we gave them
enough time.

Which, IMHO, should be with the roadmap.

But then again, that's my 0.2 cents.

Cheers,
Gil

Missatge de Philip Bauer <bauer at starzel.de> del dia dl., 4 de març 2019 a