[Framework-Team] Plone-React Sprint in Bonn

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Sun Mar 4 13:35:48 UTC 2018

Hi Framework Team,

we are going to sprint on plone-react this month in Bonn:

https://plone.org/events/sprints/plone-react-sprint-bonn-2018

I'd like to ask the framework team to declare this sprint a strategic
sprint.

We think that plone-react is the most promising candidate as a front-end
for a new headless Plone right now and we think that it is important to
further explore that option.

The goals of the sprint are:

- Contributing back our recent work in a client project to plone-react
- Upgrade to React 16
- Improve error handling
- Continue to work on improving the Pastanga toolbar and the Pastanaga
editor

We still have a few seats left, if anyone is interested to help us.
Though, some React knowledge is mandatory, since this will be a very
focused sprint. Remote sprinting is also possible (Asko will join us
remotely).

Cheers,
Timo