[Framework-Team] Strategic Sprint for py3

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Tue Jul 3 13:31:03 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-03 12:10, Philip Bauer wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> On October 1.-5. there will a sprint in Halle (hosted by Gocept) dedicated to finishing porting Plone and Zope to Python 3.
>
> I'd like to ask the framework team to declare this sprint a strategic sprint.
>
> The goals of the sprint are:
>
> - Final release of Zope 4
> - Fix all remaining failing tests in Plone on Python 3
> - Provide a migration-script for a ZODB with Plone based on https://blog.gocept.com/2018/06/07/migrate-a-zope-zodb-data-fs-to-python-3/
> - Finish other improvements for Plone 5.2 (navigation/login/design)
> - add your own topics ...

+1 for going strategic
(all the sprints on Py3 are vital for Plones future)

further important topics CLEANUP:

- finish (if there are todos) and merge plone.testing/ plone.app.testing
  back to its masters
- merge all other Python-3-branches back

We had a kind of Python-3-rush!
Now, most of the really hard work was done, we have to settle again.

Jens

--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance