[Framework-Team] Zope and CMF in Innsbruck

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Fri Jan 8 12:27:59 UTC 2016

Happy new year,

first things first: we will have enough coffee at Alpine City Sprint!

Johannes and I already collected a list of topics, this includes a bunch
of topic Eric Steele et al already collected.

It depends a lot on how many we are an who participates. Today we sent
out a bunch of invitations to people able to help with the core work -
Plone foundation granted some money to invite people and cover some of
the travel costs (I apologize if we may forgot somebody, please send me
or Johannes an email)

Possible Topics are:

- CSRF protection
  * Merge into Zope stack
  * Reduce the amount of write on read

- CMF Cleanup
  * merge CMFCore/CMF* into Plone
  * Remove/ Reduce CMF Dependencies/ Inheritance
  * Types bases
  * Versioning
  * Product installation
  * UUID implementation
  * GS handlers to work directly at the Plone level
  * Publisher/Request Handling

- PAS/ PlonePAS cleanup (PAS 2.0) (Jens)
  - merge cleanups upstream (zopefoundation repo)
  - merge parts of PlonePAS patches upstream
  - delete unused/deprecate used BBB (GRUF) patches form PlonePAS
  - move tool modifications up to CMFPlone
  - at the end PlonePAS contains BBB code only and becomes superfluos

- Zope 4 (Johannes)
  - its there, revive
  - make Plone run on it

- Module merge
  - reduce number of plone.* packages

- Readability / pep8/ clean READMEs

- Dependency cleanup inside Plone universe

- work towards Python 3 compatibility

I'am sure there is more (ans there is also on Eric's list). Lets first
discuss/enhance here and then move over to community.plone.org /
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/alpinecitysprint-2016/project-home
(own wiki page).

best regards

Jens

--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance