[Framework-Team] PLIP Process

Johannes Raggam thetetet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:54:15 UTC 2015

Let's discuss that at the meeting. Anyways, my position:

Yes, there was a decision to give up dev.plone.org and use github issues
instead. IIRC, maurits' already made some kind-of plips:

https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1008
https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1198

I think we should use dev.plone.org as entry point for developers, where
the most important information/links can be found. e.g. "about the PLIP
process", "PLIP template", "code style guide", "how to contribute".

Regarding the label, the label "04 type: enhancement" comes close to be
a PLIP label, but we need a specific one.

We should keep our Google docs document for managing PLIPs, because
github doesn't offer enough features to replace that (voting,
conditional labels only valid for PLIPs, etc).

Cheers,
   Johannes