[Framework-Team] please, document your changes in CHANGES.rst !

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Mon Mar 2 21:31:23 UTC 2015

Dear FWT,

Can we please agree on our coding standards [1] and document changes in
the ``CHANGES.rst`` or whatever file is used for that? Especially those
changes, which introduce new or changed functionality or fixes bugs,
EXCEPT for already documented but unreleased changes.

I document almost everything, so I don't have to think about this issue
except for the exception mentioned above.

It's not about being displayed prominently in the CHANGES.rst file. It's
about allowing developers to track changes on a package without having
to read the commit log.

For example, it would have been helpful for me to see when and how the
changes to plone.app.theming's manifest.cfg were introduced
(development-css, production-css, ...). These changes are key to Plone 5
theme development, they are far from trivial.

Many devs forget the CHANGES.rst file, but we as a FWT should all have a
eye on this issue.

[1]
https://github.com/plone/plone.api/blob/master/docs/contribute/conventions.rst#tracking-changes

Cheers, Johannes