[Framework-Team] mockup issue with the theming editor

Nathan Van Gheem nathan at vangheem.us
Tue Jan 6 20:07:08 UTC 2015

The most simple way here is to just create a grunt task in mockup to build
your pattern. This is what is done for things like resource registry:
https://github.com/plone/mockup/blob/master/mockup/Gruntfile.js -- you're
basically just registering a "bundle" which is just a definition of
requirejs requirements and a registry scan on dom load:
https://github.com/plone/mockup/blob/master/mockup/js/bundles/resourceregistry.js

Also, build your css file from less with requirements from the pattern:
https://github.com/plone/mockup/blob/master/mockup/less/resourceregistry.less

Then, just copy the files over and include them in the control panel
template.

-Nathan

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Eric Bréhault <ebrehault at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I've mentionned at the last Framework team meeting, my changes to fix
> the theming editor in Plone 5 are ok:
> - the backend is implemented in plone.resourceeditor (I have just merged
> my changes in master).
> - I have fixed the 2 involved patterns (filemanager and thememapper)
> during (and after) the Bristol sprint (merged in master too since few
> months)
>
> Now, I want to make those 2 patterns available in plone.app.theming pages
> properly. So I need to bundle them.
>
> I have first tried to create a local mockup folder in plone.app.theming
> using the Yeoman generator, but I had many issues (like @{bowerPath} not
> resolved in less files, and different path issues...).
> So I decided to just copy the actual mockup folder sources (from
> https://github.com/plone/mockup) into plone.app.theming/mockup, and work
> from there.
> It worked better.
> That's what is currently committed in my branch here:
> https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/tree/integrate-theme-editor
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> - I have changed (for test purpose) the plone bundle to add my 2 patterns:
> https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/blob/integrate-theme-editor/mockup/js/bundles/plone.js#L19
> If I generate the Plone bundle and put the results in Products.CMFPlone,
> the theming editor works just fine.
> But of course, we do not want those 2 extra patterns to be part of our
> regular plone bundle.
>
> - I have defined a specific bundle:
> https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/blob/integrate-theme-editor/mockup/js/bundles/thememapperbundle.js,
> I have put the resulting files in
> src/plone.app.theming/src/plone/app/theming/browser/resources and I load
> them from my template:
>
> https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/blob/integrate-theme-editor/src/plone/app/theming/browser/mapper.pt#L32
>
> But in that case the editor is broken, I get an error in
> ++resource++plone.js in the part corresponding to the tree pattern.
> I guess that's because the tree pattern is part of the plone bundle but as
> it is also a dependency of filemanager, it is also in thememapper bundle
> and it makes a conflict.
>
> Does anybody know what is the right solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect