[Framework-Team] some topics for todays FWT

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Thu Feb 19 09:08:59 UTC 2015

Am 19.02.2015 um 09:59 schrieb Jens W. Klein:
> On 2015-02-17 18:17, Johannes Raggam wrote:
>> Hi FWT,
>>
>> I'm not going to make it today - I'm lying in the bed, being sick :/
>>
>> However, I have two topics to contribute:
>>
>> - PEP 440 compliant versioning scheme.
>>
>> Timo, Gil and I were today briefly discussing a version-raise mistake I
>> made and our versioning scheme in general.
>>
>> IIRC, we're currently not consistent with our versioning scheme. we are
>> using sometimes the setuptools scheme (e.g. ``1.1.a1``, ``1.1.a1.dev0``)
>> sometimes PEP 440 (e.g. ``1.1a1``, 1.1a1.dev0``).
>>
>> I propose we switch to PEP 440 only. Then we can also raise the
>> Setuptools and zc.buildout to the latest versions. Setuptools has
>> switched to PEP 440 in release 8.0.
>>
>> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/
>> http://pythonhosted.org//setuptools/history.html#id28
>>
>> We definetly have to fix the section in our code conventions guidelines:
>> http://docs.plone.org/external/plone.api/docs/contribute/conventions.html#versioning-scheme
>>

> yes, sure, otherwise we run into ugly messages with recent setuptools
> versions.
>

>> - Moving captcha framework code from plone.app.discussion to CMFPlone.
>>
>> There is a little captcha framework in plone.app.discussion, which can
>> be of great value for other parts of Plone and addons as well. For
>> example, I wrote an addon for securing the self registration form from
>> spam bots, which reuses plone.app.discussions captcha framework
>> ( https://github.com/collective/collective.registrationcaptcha ).

Even though I wrote this thing I must say I'm a bit sceptical about
moving it into the core. Maybe I don't fully understand your proposal
but basically every extendable z3c.form can be extended with a captcha
already.

If your proposal is to make all core forms extendable, I'm +1. If you
want to ship with captcha solutions out-of-the-box that's another
discussion.

Timo