[Framework-Team] some topics for todays FWT

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Thu Feb 19 08:59:49 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-17 18:17, Johannes Raggam wrote:
> Hi FWT,
>
> I'm not going to make it today - I'm lying in the bed, being sick :/
>
> However, I have two topics to contribute:
>
> - PEP 440 compliant versioning scheme.
>
> Timo, Gil and I were today briefly discussing a version-raise mistake I
> made and our versioning scheme in general.
>
> IIRC, we're currently not consistent with our versioning scheme. we are
> using sometimes the setuptools scheme (e.g. ``1.1.a1``, ``1.1.a1.dev0``)
> sometimes PEP 440 (e.g. ``1.1a1``, 1.1a1.dev0``).
>
> I propose we switch to PEP 440 only. Then we can also raise the
> Setuptools and zc.buildout to the latest versions. Setuptools has
> switched to PEP 440 in release 8.0.
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/
> http://pythonhosted.org//setuptools/history.html#id28
>
> We definetly have to fix the section in our code conventions guidelines:
> http://docs.plone.org/external/plone.api/docs/contribute/conventions.html#versioning-scheme

yes, sure, otherwise we run into ugly messages with recent setuptools
versions.

> - Moving captcha framework code from plone.app.discussion to CMFPlone.
>
> There is a little captcha framework in plone.app.discussion, which can
> be of great value for other parts of Plone and addons as well. For
> example, I wrote an addon for securing the self registration form from
> spam bots, which reuses plone.app.discussions captcha framework
> ( https://github.com/collective/collective.registrationcaptcha ).
>
> IMO, we should have this in Plone core. The settings could be moved from
> the discussion control panel into the security control panel.
>
> I don't care if this makes into Plone 5.0 (which would be better, but
> we're all busy), but maybe 5.1?
> If you agree, can we also agree on a deadline, where it would make into
> Plone 5.0?

I think it just moves code around, right? So if we deprecate it at the
old places its not a problem (more about deprecation ina separate post).
You may want to plip this, would be a cleaner/ more transparent process.

Jens
--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance