[Framework-Team] some topics for todays FWT

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Tue Feb 17 17:17:22 UTC 2015

Hi FWT,

I'm not going to make it today - I'm lying in the bed, being sick :/

However, I have two topics to contribute:

- PEP 440 compliant versioning scheme.

Timo, Gil and I were today briefly discussing a version-raise mistake I
made and our versioning scheme in general.

IIRC, we're currently not consistent with our versioning scheme. we are
using sometimes the setuptools scheme (e.g. ``1.1.a1``, ``1.1.a1.dev0``)
sometimes PEP 440 (e.g. ``1.1a1``, 1.1a1.dev0``).

I propose we switch to PEP 440 only. Then we can also raise the
Setuptools and zc.buildout to the latest versions. Setuptools has
switched to PEP 440 in release 8.0.

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/
http://pythonhosted.org//setuptools/history.html#id28

We definetly have to fix the section in our code conventions guidelines:
http://docs.plone.org/external/plone.api/docs/contribute/conventions.html#versioning-scheme

- Moving captcha framework code from plone.app.discussion to CMFPlone.

There is a little captcha framework in plone.app.discussion, which can
be of great value for other parts of Plone and addons as well. For
example, I wrote an addon for securing the self registration form from
spam bots, which reuses plone.app.discussions captcha framework
( https://github.com/collective/collective.registrationcaptcha ).

IMO, we should have this in Plone core. The settings could be moved from
the discussion control panel into the security control panel.

I don't care if this makes into Plone 5.0 (which would be better, but
we're all busy), but maybe 5.1?
If you agree, can we also agree on a deadline, where it would make into
Plone 5.0?

Have a good meeting!
Johannes