[Framework-Team] RFC: buildout.coredev all commits branch

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Mon Feb 16 18:02:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

two months ago the FWT discussed creating a buildout.coredev branch that
contains all commits to all packages in the Plone repo:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UVNLqQFrq8AJkmNxEO9J4flIqGTf_TbAqR3TWwFguRY/edit

We need this in order to be able to trigger the buildout.coredev Jenkins
jobs and properly passing the changelog to it.

As discussed back then Ramon implemented the functionality:

https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/commits/5.0-all-commits

As far as we can tell it works fine. Though, the only way to really test
it is to put it in production (we can not do fully automated rebases on
the all-commits branch therefore the branch diverged from the 5.0
branch, this problem will be gone if we switch to using the 5.0 branch).

We were working hard (especially Gil!) in the last month to get the new
Jenkins server ready for production:

http://78.47.49.108/

I think we could be ready within the next weeks. That would be a good
opportunity to switch the 5.0 branch to the all-commits functionality.

Any objections?

Cheers,
Timo