[Framework-Team] Records of software events regarding PLIP process

David Glick (Plone) david.glick at plone.org
Thu Mar 20 16:45:19 UTC 2014

On 3/20/14, 1:34 AM, ekouzari at csd.auth.gr wrote:
> Hello, thank you very much for your reply.
>
> I have also seen the information provided on the link you indicated
> and I don't think it includes the type of data I am looking for.
>
> To make things more clear, I am looking for a file (like a log of
> events or audit trail for PLIPS) that contains records for actions
> performed in various PLIPS. e.g.--> PLIP#, Timestamp, Activity,
> Description etc.
>
> I have located the PLIP status worksheet and is very helpful but I am
> looking for a file that separates each action(event) for each PLIP.
>
> Sorry for the long post and thanks again for your time and help.

There isn't a single log that contains this information.

At https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/tree/5.0/plips you can find
the buildout configurations for many PLIPs. Each PLIP configuration
references branches of various packages that were changed for the PLIP.
With some work you could obtain the commit history for each of those
branches. But at this point, for a PLIP that was merged some time ago,
the branch may have been deleted and it may be hard to determine at what
point the branch started. There are also plenty of smaller changes that
happen directly without going through the PLIP process.