[Framework-Team] FWT meeting attendance stats

Giacomo Spettoli giacomo.spettoli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:39:50 UTC 2014

While we can all agree that Rok as made a good job so far, I think we
have to fully realize what he just said: the main author of the
front-end of plone5 is leaving the project! This is even more dangerous
since the front-end should have been (and maybe will be) the "shimmering
thing" to attract once more new customers to Plone.

We ended up in this shitty situation since we, as a community, made the
big mistake of putting all our energy on just very few people.

This said, I think that all the FWT members that consider them self
still active should really try hard to be online this Tuesday to discuss
the plan to reach p5. Here some questions that need an answer:

- What do we do now? How can we organize the work for not being stuck in
this situation again?
- how much man power do we have? Should we continue based on the
volunteers' effort only or should we try to involve more the companies
that may have the strength to finish this?
- Should we collect all the info and try to finish mockup? or should we
start from scratch basing our effort on the latest best frameworks
(Angular, React...xyz)
- should we involve the board in this discussion? (I think yes, definitely!)

Hope to see all of you guys online thuesday to discuss all this :)
cheers,
Giacomo

--

Giacomo Spettoli