[Framework-Team] Plone 5 related testing/ci tasks

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Wed Feb 26 07:09:52 UTC 2014

Hi testing team!

We had a FWT meeting yesterday night and we outlined a couple of
testing/ci tasks that would be important to have, to support the ongoing
Plone 5 development:

1) Run the buildout.coredev 5.0 tests against Saucelabs.

Eric will ask Saucelabs for more slots.

@Asko: would you be willing to help with that? I'd be more than happy to
work on that. Though, you have far more experience with Saucelabs.

2) Go through plone.themepreview and add missing views.

plone.themepreview is a sphinx-based documentation that includes
screenshots of the new Plone 5 theme for different browsers (Saucelabs)
and different browser window sizes (to test the responsive theme).

https://github.com/plone/plone.themepreview
http://jenkins.plone.org/view/Theme/
http://jenkins.plone.org/view/Theme/job/plone-5.0-themetest/

That should be a rather easy task. Maybe someone could continue Asko's
work, so he can focus on the first task (if he has time of course :)).

3) Merge the Jenkins job configuration of plone.themepreview into our
Jenkins job configuration.

https://github.com/plone/jenkins.plone.org/blob/master/jenkins-jobs.cfg

(I can take care of that. Though, if someone would like to help me with
that, that would be great. This has more to do with Jenkins configuration)

4) Continue to work on the widget tests.

@Gil: Could you give us a brief update about the status of the work you
did at the Cathedral sprint? I would really like to merge your work and
continue what we started.

5) Make a list of all existing widgets (plone.app.widgets) and add those
with missing robot tests to our Plone 5 todo list:

https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/184

Cheers,
Timo