[Framework-Team] Question on folderish types | Folderish Images, Files and Links?

Philip Bauer bauer at starzel.de
Tue Dec 16 08:43:47 UTC 2014

Today I was experimenting with folderish files and images and found no obvious problems. webdav gives you access to the files and images as the pseudo-file "_data". See https://github.com/plone/plone.dexterity/blob/master/docs/WebDAV.txt That is actually also the case when these types are itemish.

@andreas: The PLIP (https://dev.plone.org/ticket/20144) is be that all types still behave non-folderish (except folders). The main change discussed is to switch the base-class of the types from plone.dexterity.content.Item to plone.dexterity.content.Container while leaving filter_content_types True and allowed_content_types empty. This way nothing would change for users unless the developer of the site consciously changes these settings. He might do that maybe because he writes a subscriber for images that automatically saves the XMP-files into the image on creation or that automatically creates screenshots each time a Link is followed and stores them in the Link that now behaves like a folder.

Philip