[Framework-Team] Question on folderish types | Folderish Images, Files and Links?
developer at acsr.de
Tue Dec 16 07:21:30 UTC 2014
Am 15.12.2014 um 17:25 schrieb Paul Roeland <paul at cleanclothes.org>:
> On 2014-11-17 14:37, Philip Bauer wrote:
>> I have no strong opinion about this and would add these If the framework team wants me to. OTOH I cannot think of a use-case for folderish Images, Files and Links.
> sorry for late butting in...
> I have a real-life usecase for folderish images: XMP files. That's
> metadata on an image, in a special (but widely used) format.
> Paul Roeland
any files are containerish by nature, its not obvious but clear after some reflective thinking.
* PDF contain pages, accessing PDF pages as single page files has benefits in search and load.
* Slideshows contain slides and transscripts
* All kind of previews (forget image thumbs)
* Multipart mail and clipboard data are also chunky examples where a physical block of data (file) contains multiple formats.
* Zotero manages Links together with local snaphots of the target
A CMS that can access and map chunky data parts from managed files to internal objects and back could be innovative again!
We need such features to be leading edge. I can provide more details on that on request.
So I strongly suggest possible containerish Images, Files and Links!
And yes, it makes things not easier.
my 2 Cent
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 496 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the Framework-Team