[Framework-Team] PLIP 20144

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Tue Dec 2 09:57:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-01 at 13:13 +0100, Philip Bauer wrote:
> Dear Framework-team,
>
> I got the message that https://dev.plone.org/ticket/20144 should be moved to 5.1, which is generally ok by me but I can't help wondering why.
>
> The implementation, upgrade-steps and tests are all done. Working with folderish dexterity-types in real projects has been tested by many developers for quite some time. What do you think needs more work or improvements for it to be included in Plone 5? I even migrated the test for plone.app.contentmenu (https://github.com/plone/plone.app.contentmenu/pull/8) to work with AT and DX to make sure nothing changes regarding the UI.
>
> I'm more than willing to put in more time if it means having this in Plone 5.0 and not 5.1 (which will be at least a year form now). I think the point when we move from AT to DX is also the right moment to switch from itemish to folderish.
>
> Also: If the -1 stands: You did not answer the question about the alternative folderish profile.

I'm +1 to keep this "folderish" profile. This way, we can start using it
immediately without depending on external addons like
collective.folderishtypes. People will use it and we can get feedback
for folderishtypes in Plone.

When we folderish types by default, we should deprecate this profile.

--
programmatic  web development
di(fh) johannes raggam / thet
mail: office at programmatic.pro