[Framework-Team] pypi ticket for adding Plone 5.0 to trove tags

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Wed Apr 16 11:26:05 UTC 2014

I'm a bit undecided on that topic.
On the one hand, it would be super-handy to consistently use these
classifiers. Although, the process of getting them into the PyPi list is
a bit tedious.
On the other hand, I don't like to be Plone the project, which spams the
list of trove classifiers with version specific ones. We already have 7,
while every other Framework just has one.

FYI, the issue on sourceforge was rejected:

http://sourceforge.net/p/pypi/support-requests/366/

"""Sorry, we only add classifiers that would be in active use. Please
ask again when you have a number of Plone 5.0 related packages which
would have that classifier."""