[Framework-Team] plone.app.layout & dexterity 1.x

Juan Pablo Giménez jpg at rosario.com
Mon Sep 30 20:57:24 UTC 2013

Hi FWT!

  I was fixing an issue with dexterity support implemented @
https://github.com/plone/plone.app.layout/commit/b216ffc08ca4190d35477f05cad9ae29dd5cadedand
released @ 2.2.11. The problem was than relatedItems attribute is not
present if there was leaved empty in the add form, and this would happen
when the content is created programmatically too, this problem doesn't hit
dexterity 2.x because default fields values are returned in this version.
My first attempt was to fix it at dexterity, but as David stated is mayor
change than could have a bigger impact, so now I implemented a fix, and
some tests, at plone.app.layout.
  The fix is here
https://github.com/plone/plone.app.layout/commit/eb5f598654d2c3f87411d8311a0a0b4d6d5185c7and
the tests
https://github.com/plone/plone.app.layout/commit/424f49d7a38a58a678044765afe2813c6eb0b47a
  I copied the tests over 2.3.x and master branches, because we need to
test than the viewlet doesn't break at current and future versions of
dexterity.
  If its all right we'll need a new release of 2.2, because the bug is
breaking some implementations of collective.nitf

thanks, and see you all in a couple of days!
--
Juan Pablo Giménez
skype & twitter: jpggimenez