[Framework-Team] Middleware render on Plone 5

Johannes Raggam dev at programmatic.pro
Wed Oct 2 21:03:05 UTC 2013

On Die, 2013-10-01 at 15:58 +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> On 1 October 2013 14:03, Ramon Navarro Bosch <ramon.nb at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Since we are moving to Diazo I have the bad feeling that rendering
twice the page is a waste of energy and a possible missunderstanding for
integrators / developers ( we will have the frontend, the backend of
widgets, the native rendering ... )
>> During these days in Brazil, we've been discussing if it's possible
to change the main_template to export the structure of plone instead of
a rendered page, different sections with the viewlets, with the
portlets, the content, .... and on diazo rules it would be much easier
to define the rules. As right now is the moment to discuss about this
subject(diazo theme is really in early step and plone5 is a possible
target to change this), my idea is to talk about it today at FWT meeting
if it's ok with you.
> So to check my understanding: you are saying main_template exposes
something very simple, e.g. a pile of divs with sensible ids, and then
Diazo makes it visually appealing?
> If so, that makes sense to me, at least once we have good "out of the
box" Diazo themes.

What if we expose each of these building blocks via HTTP and let diazo
fetch them via the href attribute?

This way we can also provide alternative dynamic user interfaces, where
we fetch the contents for a page via Javascript AJAX calls.

Johannes

--
programmatic  web development
di(fh) johannes raggam / thet