[Framework-Team] PLIPs and jenkins integration

Ramon Navarro Bosch ramon.nb at gmail.com
Mon May 13 08:22:32 UTC 2013

Hey Johannes :

We've been working on a easy way to maintain plips jenkins integration so
my aproach is :

* There is http://jenkins.plone.org/roboto/plips list. Here you can find a
list of configured jenkins jobs. The idea is that for each job is a PLIP
(or some other project like a plip) where you define :
  - The name of the plip
  - The git repos/ branches of plone you want to hook to run tests when a
push is done there
  - The git repo and branch that will be checkout to run the tests
  - The shell command structure that will be run to test. There is a basic
button that pushed an example with coverage and robot.
  - You can check if you want robotframework reports
  - Who should receive mails about this tests
  - And some url to see it
  ( it's secured using a key on the form so nobody who doesn't know the key
can add jobs there )

* When push is done to the repo that has been hook a job is created or
reconfigured on jenkins, runs the test and sends the info to github commit
message and mails of followers of the plip.

* On mr.roboto url : http://jenkins.plone.org/roboto/jobs  you see the list
of jobs started bu mr.roboto what makes easy to trace and see the results.

It's implemented, depoyed and we've been testing during last weeks with rok
on plone.app.widgets and plone.app.multilingual and works stable.

Who should be able to add this tests, please send me a mail I'll send you
the apikey. Maybe in the future we can link to Plone LDAP but right now as
it's maintained behind a firewall I can't access it throw jenkins master
machine.

Ramon

On 13 May 2013 10:09, Johannes Raggam <dev at programmatic.pro> wrote:

> Hi Timo!
>
> At the last FWT meeting I brought up your request to get a viewpoint
> from the Framework Team on having Jenkins integration for each PLIP.
>
> We all think that this is a very good idea. You might have seen this
> already in Eric's FWT meeting notes, but here again:
>
> """* Testing team working on Jenkins configuration for plips.
> plone.app.contenttypes already working. Would we like these for all
> plips? Absolutely.
>     * We need to get some documentation in the coredev docs about how
> PLIP implementers can get access to their builds.
> """
>
> Please let me know if you need some more information from the FWT to
> continue your work. And keep me updated about the progress.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Johannes
>

> --
> programmatic  web development