[Framework-Team] Plone 5

Ramon Navarro Bosch ramon.nb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:44:35 UTC 2013

Hey, Eric so great !! I love the plan.

>From plone.app.multilingual, we are going to push 1.1 release with ++add++
on the fly and some minor bugs solved and later 1.2 with a shared content
solution that feets on the plone way of life :) After that, we will start
working on the PLIP to propose what should be on plone by default and what
should be on a official add-on to have a OOB multilingual solution.

>From the UI discussion, me and Oriol have been talking about this subject
and there is also a thread on the Plone-UI list. I don't know who should
decide where we should go, but IMHO we should move to use more commonly
used (but maybe less cool, optimal, ... ) solutions that helps people
outside plone to come to plone. For example, deco.gs is great, bootstrap is
great, we can discuss during days about which is better, but bootstrap is
widely used, and people are happy with them ( and is maintained ). It's the
same discussion on less/sass , both are great, but we should decide to use
what is easier to maintain ( and we can always change on future ).

I know that on Plone-UI list, Oriol, Thijs, Nathan are talking about plone
5 theme and I like the idea behind it. We should take a decision that allow
people that are going to work on this plone 5 theme to go forward, with the
clear idea that as much commonly used piece of css/js easier will be to
bring new integrators/desingers to plone. I would like to have a OOB
solution that looks nice, is HTML5 and easy to customize!

Eric you have my trust!

2013/6/18 Andrew Mleczko <andrzej.mleczko at redturtle.it>

> On 14 June 2013 23:57, Eric Steele <ericsteele47 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Plone 5's UI gets an extensive overhaul.
> >     * Diazo becomes the default theming story
>
> We are working for the last few weeks on the diazo twitter bootstrap
> theme (https://github.com/RedTurtle/diazotheme.bootstrap - a
> kagesenshi repo fork)
>
> The goal is to:
>  * fix all the UI bugs
> (https://github.com/RedTurtle/diazotheme.bootstrap/issues)
>  * make sure all Plone base templates are bootstrap compatible
>  * make sure most popular Plone add'ons are working correctly
>  * make it extensible using less
> (https://github.com/RedTurtle/diazotheme.bootstrap/issues/3)
>
> a.
>

> --