[Framework-Team] Plone 5 sprint in Cologne in 2014

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Fri Jul 5 11:10:29 UTC 2013

Hi Framework Team,

Eric's recent e-mail about Plone 5 made me think about ways how I could
contribute to make Plone 5 become true in the next year.

I came up with the idea to organize a Plone 5 focused sprint in February
(10th - 14th or 17th - 21th) next year in Cologne. I already organized a
venue (the GfU already hosted the first Cathedral Sprint in 2010:
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/cathedral-sprint-2010/project-home),
drinks and meals. All of this is already fully covered by local
sponsors. The sprint will probably be officially hosted by the (German)
"Python Software Association" to cover insurance and other legal issues.

The first question would be what the FWT thinks about this idea and the
proposed date and scope. I would like to formulate a more precise goal
at some point, but I think it is too early for that right now. Maybe
p.a.contenttypes, p.a.event and other PLIPs will be fully implemented,
tested and merged by then.

I already asked Eric and some of the Plone 5 PLIP implementers
personally if they would like to come and I got only positive feedback
so far.

Since I would like to support possible participants with money for
flights and accommodation, I asked Matthew for a Plone Foundation
sponsorship. He recommended that I should ask the FWT to support my
efforts, before I ask the board for funding. So what do you think?

Looking forward to hear your opinion!

Cheers,
Timo