[Framework-Team] plone.app.collection

Timo Stollenwerk lists at zmag.de
Mon Jan 28 17:44:43 UTC 2013

Hi Matthew,

I developed the 2.x (dexterity-based) plone.app.collection branch some
time ago and made some releases on pypi since then. I recall that I
asked either Eric or the framework team about what to do with my branch.
The recommendation was to move the AT-based collection to a 1.x branch
and make the dexterity version the new master (which I did).

Since then Eric or I always hide the 2.x releases on pypi to not confuse
people:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.collection/

This means that you specifically have to pin p.a.collection to a newer
version (which you don't see on pypi if you don't know the URLs) to get
the 2.x version.

I don't have strong feelings about the issue, but since the PLIP to ship
Plone with plone.app.contenttypes (and plone.app.collection) is almost
ready to review (we just released p.a.contenttypes 1.0b1), I don't think
it is worth the effort to change things now just to revert that in a
couple of month.

Cheers,
Timo