[Framework-Team] strategic sprint designation for Arnhem sprint

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Wed Aug 14 11:17:53 UTC 2013

Quoting Maarten Kling (2013-08-08 09:41:03)
> Hello FWT,
>
> We experienced a 'marathon' sprint ourselves and that works very well.
> In April we went to Ibiza with 10 people to work on a project.
> Having people all together in a closed environment worked out pretty
> well, and the results where a finished project as planned. We had 4
> sprints for 1 week (1month total), all had there own goals.
>
> If people are up for this we can facilitate this Sprint Marathon at our
> office, including sleeping spots for free. We have a kitchen (and bar
> :)) available to provide cooking and lunch.
> All other necessary facilities are available (washing machine, shower,
> beer, garden).
>
> Our initial plan was to do a sprint from 11th until 15th November. We
> can extend this for the marathon to start 28th October and end 22th
> November. This way the Americans can be home for Thanksgiving. We can
> have 4 sprints for a week, having people sign-up for single week sprint
> or the complete run.
>
> We are definitely planning all goals upfront. Plone5 will be the topic.
> Depending on the work done at the ploneconf sprint, we will create an
> manage backlog for the remaining topics.
>
> Let me know how you think.

Maarten sorry for late reply, but i first want to check if i'm avaliable for
that time and i am (except i'll have to go home for one weekend and then come
back).

I think what Maarten is now looking to get some feedback from framework team
members if they would consider joining this "marathon" and if they have time to
do come. just so he gets confident enough to send public invitation out.
(Maarten: i hope i understood you correctly).

So, would you be interested to come to lovely Arnhem from 28th Oct to 22th Nov
(4 weeks) to work on Plone 5.0? Or would you at least consider coming for only
one/two/three weeks (which weeks)?

And when you talk to your employer about this please don't forget to mention
that this would be _THE_ only way to get plone 5.0 out _THIS_ year. and we
would all like to see this happen, right?

--
Rok Garbas - http://www.garbas.si