[Framework-Team] Fwd: DX PAM short questions

David Glick (Plone) david.glick at plone.org
Wed Apr 3 16:25:01 UTC 2013

Any thoughts on Ramon's question, team?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	DX PAM short questions
Date: 	Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:21:15 +0200
From: 	Ramon Navarro Bosch <ramon.nb at gmail.com>
To: 	David Glick (Plone) <david.glick at plone.org>

Hi David, a short question you may help:

Until now we were implementing the create translation creating the
object and after creation editting it. It was easier for us implement
but not orthogonal with plone idea, so I'm moving forward to integrate
this with ++add++ form!

I have three aproaches:

* creating a new ++addtranslation++ form that inherits from
defaultAddForm that have the original object, the destination lang and
showing the translation edit view and creates the link when it saves.

* overriding the ++add++ form to do the same.

* maintaining the createtranslation view and inheriting from defaultAddForm.

I don't know which of this three ways is more standard for framework, so
I'm asking.

The other question is: if somebody creates it's own addForm , is there
any way I can just get the correct adapter and after saving, instead of
just creating the object on the container I can add the translation
link? I was thinking on using subscribers but I can't imagine how to
know on addForm which object I'm comming from ( I know the language
because it's set depending on the parent folder ).

Sorry if I could explain it clean ! :) Thanks!

Ramon

--
Ramon a.k.a bloodbare