[Framework-Team] robot framework tests in core packages

Timo Stollenwerk lists at zmag.de
Mon Nov 19 08:15:03 UTC 2012

Hi Framework-Team,

I started to write some robot-framework/selenium2library-based
acceptance tests for the collections (archetypes and dexterity) and I
was wondering if a PLIP is needed to include those tests into core
packages.

I'm not talking about plone.act (plone specific robot keywords) here,
the dependencies would just be robotsuite and
robotframework-selenium2library:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/robotframework-selenium2library

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/robotsuite

There are still some issues with the collections and I think those tests
would help us to identify bugs and to prevent regressions in the future:

https://github.com/plone/plone.app.collection/blob/master/plone/app/collection/tests/acceptance/test_collection.txt

https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/blob/acceptance-tests/src/plone/app/theming/tests/acceptance/theme_control_panel.txt

In Arnhem we also started to write some acceptance tests for
plone.app.theming:

https://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming/tree/acceptance-tests

There is still much work to do but I think adding some robot tests now
would help us to push things further and help us to test functionality
that is currently untested. Jenkins can already run robot framework
tests and display the results.

Cheers,
Timo